Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Sign-up Woes

I just had a potential customer try and sign up for the CRM Online 30-day trial. They received a message saying that someone would be contacting them! No access, nothing. They call me and asked if we as their potential Microsoft CRM partner would be setting them up. Good question! I called up Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and talked with them. Here is the summary of the info I gleamed from the conversation:

  • A sales person from their team will be calling the customer back.
  • It may take TWO-WEEKS before they get called.
  • The first 30 days is free.
  • Minimum of 5 users must be signed up for CRM Online.
  • The $39/month/user rate is with a year contract.
  • If you cancel within the year there is a cancelation charge per user.
  • However, if you upgrade to an on premise version of CRM you send a request to them and their technical team will move the data from Online to the on premise installation.

    Comments on this:

  • Well I’m not happy with the 2 week delay in calling; however, there seems to have been a large sign up for Online that caused this. Good and bad at the same time.
  • I’m glad to see that the data migration to on premise is handled by the Online team. Every little bit helps.

    Update
    I talked with our Microsoft reps and they have been very helpful in resoving this time gap for us. They will be able to get my client up and running within 2 days. Way to go Microsoft and Thanks.
  • No comments: