Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Something New! Something Scary!

There is a new feature to CRM 4.0 that is only available with the On-Line version. “Bulk Deletion Wizard�. This is an often-requested feature that is requested in my many implementations. It is nice to see it on the On-line version and I can only hope that they extend it to the On-premise version as well.
There is a lot of power here and as we all know from Spidy “With great power comes great responsibility�. The ability to delete records is something I tend to take away from the common CRM user; however, with CRM On-line’s space limitations I can see this being relaxed some. The reason I tend to take away delete for the common CRM user is that it is VERY PERMENANT, and will sometimes delete more than you thought would be deleted.
Here are a couple of screen shots of the wizard





The Microsoft CRM Live Team blog has an in depth write-up on the Bulk Deletion capabilities of CRM On-line, it can be found here

No comments: